[linux-dvb] AVermedia 777 install on Edgy

Matt Doran matt.doran at papercut.biz
Wed Jan 24 04:55:52 CET 2007

Hi there,

I've got exactly the same card, and just got it working on Edgy.  I am
running a newer kernel (required for some other hardware), but I think
2.6.17 should be find for the 777.

For some reason the card isn't automatically detected (I'm not sure what
part of the boot process is responsible for this.... but it's not quite
right).

To get this card to work just manually load the module.  To load the
module manually:

    modprobe saa7134-dvb

To load this module at boot time, add "saa7134-dvb" to the /etc/modules
file.

fyi, this is how my card appears in lspci.

    04:09.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7134 Video
Broadcast Decoder (rev 01)

Thanks
Matt