[linux-dvb] Could somebody please provide a link to the Mantis VP-1033\2033\3033 Driver patches

Ruediger Dohmhardt ruediger.dohmhardt at freenet.de
Sun Jan 28 00:22:18 CET 2007

Manu Abraham wrote:
> On 1/22/07, Ruediger Dohmhardt <ruediger.dohmhardt at freenet.de> wrote:
>>
>>  How, and from where, can I download the patches in order to
>>  build driver modules for the Mantis chips VP-1033\2033\3033
>>

> http://kromtek.com/dvb/mantis.tar.bz2

Ok, I got the driver for the Mantis VP-2033 (the one for the cable) on
my Turion-AMD x86_64 working.

I took your code from http://kromtek.com/dvb/, patched it with

 http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/attachments/20061030/b6db23fa/mantis_cu1216-workable-up-0001.bin

copied this source into a kernel 2.6.19.2, configured it and installed/loaded the modules.

Doing a

    cd linuxtv-dvb-apps-1.1.1/util/scan
    ./scan dvb-c/de-Berlin

worked fine.

However, I had difficulty to do the channel-scan with kaffeine-0.8.3.
So I generated a kaffeine "channels.dvb" by using kaffeine with a Hauppauge FF-Card.

For now, two questions are left:
-When will the mantis code be part of the official kernel sources?
 Obviously, patching and merging is quite complicated and for a "normal user" not feasible.
-Is somebody working on the VP-2033 CI-Interface in order to make encryption working?

Ciao Ruediger D.