[linux-dvb] Terratec CinergyT2 doesn't work with UBUNTU 6.10

Thierry MERLE thierry.merle at free.fr
Tue Jan 30 22:42:20 CET 2007

hermann pitton a écrit :
> Am Dienstag, den 30.01.2007, 21:22 +0100 schrieb Thierry MERLE:
>
>> Hello, if this could help,
>> I own a Terratec CinergyT2 DVB-T device and works fine since 2.6.17.13
>> kernel for me.
>> On a slackware base, recompiled from kernel.org sources.
>> Cheers,
>> Thierry
>>

> Hi Thierry,
>
> thanks, this helps a lot!
>
> I was scratching my head what this ever should be,
> but didn't want to left Marc without a reply, he is already since Jan.
> 16, after he was adressing me personally.
>
> Cheers,
> Hermann

I tested right now with a recompiled 2.6.17.10 kernel with the cinergyT2
module included in it (not the mercurial tree).
Was not easy because my brand new PC has too recent chipsets for the
2.6.17.10 kernel, but it works basically...
I can tune correctly DVB-T stations without any problem.

Marc, do you still have an error on modprobe cinergyT2 ? I just saw a
message about that :
WARNING: Module
/lib/modules/2.6.17-10-386/kernel/drivers/media/dvb/frontends/cinergyT2.ko
is not an elf object

Well, if you still have it, you should report the problem on Ubuntu
forums, this is cinergyT2 module is mandatory for this tuner !

Cheers,
Thierry