[linux-dvb] dvb devices with

Rick Miles rickmiles at turtlespond.net
Mon Jul 2 22:52:19 CEST 2007

My setup has been creating /dev/dvb/adapterX devices using udev in slackware
11 and rc-1 using kernels and I With both kernels dvb is
listed in /proc/devices

With kernel this is not the case. There is no dvb listing
in /proc/devices and I'm guessing since there is no dvb device registered at
boot, udev does not create devices.

I've tested the three different kernels in both slack-11 and current rc-1. The
results are the same. If I boot with and I get my devices.
If I boot I do not.

A point in the right direction would be appreciated.

Rick Miles

Movement stopped is no movement,
and rest set in motion is no rest.

Written on: Prickle-Prickle, the 38th of Confusion, 3173
Want my weather? http://www.turtlespond.net/Mornington-weather.cgi