[linux-dvb] KNC1 DVB-S CI?

P. van Gaans w3ird_n3rd at gmx.net
Fri Jul 6 02:07:44 CEST 2007

http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/KNC1_TV-Station_DVB-S

The wiki says "The card has a CI connector but it most probably isn't
supported by Linux.". I've got the card and indeed, it doesn't seem to
work. There is a ca0 in /dev/dvb/adapter0 but in Kaffeine the encrypted
channels are still black.

But I wonder, with the DVB-C version of this card, the CI works without
a hitch (and I should know, I own one). According to the wiki the DVB-T
version also has a working CI. I somehow can't imagine the CI on the
DVB-S version is so much different. Or am I wrong and is the CI not
supported because it requires a lot of reverse engineering nobody feels
like doing for this card?

Is there anything I could try?

Tia,

P.