[linux-dvb] Hauppauge HVR-3000

Robert Longbottom RobertCL at iname.com
Thu Jul 12 10:00:48 CEST 2007

On Wed, July 11, 2007 12:26 pm, Emilio Castellano wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to setup the above card to work in DVB-S mode without success.
>
> I'm using Suse 10.1, with kernel 2.6.16.21-0.8-smp (distro release) and
> the latest hg downloaded drivers from linuxtv.org, also I tried steven's
> branch. I cannot make work the dvb-s frontend, only CX22702 (dvb-t) is
> loaded.

I think it is the case that for the HVR-3000 only DVB-T is supported in
the mainstream DVB.  I'm currently using Steven's drivers with a 2.6.18
kernel (not smp though) and they have been working well with DVB-S for
many months now.  I can't try DVB-T as I can't get it where I am.

It might be worth trying to update your kernel and get Steven's drivers
working.  Although I don't think they currently work with anything later
than 2.6.18 due to some changes in the kernel :-(

Hope this helps,
Robert.