[linux-dvb] Compro DVB-T220 support

Murray Graham mwg.l at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Jul 16 14:27:40 CEST 2007

Hi,

I have a Compro DVB-T220 card which I'm trying to get working on
openSUSE 10.2 + vanilla 2.6.22.

Looking at Compro website it seems like it's almost identical to the
T100 which does not have the tuner screen can, remote wake and has a
smaller remote.
Best card pictures are on:
http://www.comprousa.com/New/en/product/t100t220/t100-Features.html
http://www.comprousa.com/New/en/product/t100t220/t220-Features.html

Daniel Paull posted this about T100:
http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-dvb@linuxtv.org/msg23212.html

As my T220 has an saa7130hl and mt352, and in light of above, I assumed
the T220 uses a qt1010 also, hidden under the can.

I hacked around with some source code to add a T220 card ID and get the
saa7134-dvb.c code to dvb_attach an mt352 and a qt1010. The mt352 and
qt1010 code seem happy that they've found their devices and added
printk's show that they're being read / written to OK on load and dvbscan.

Doing a dvbscan gives "tuning failed" messages.

I didn't expect a miracle from my hacks and I'm in need of some info. /
guidance.

Looking at the mt352 datasheet gives no info. re. programming this. As
the mt352 code obviously does this, where did the info. come from? Also
the qt1010: I can't even get a chip data sheet on the web. The qt1010
code looks like some clever reverse engineering has been going on. If
this is the case, don't the chip mfrs or Compro help?