[linux-dvb] Some progress on PCTV 200e driver. Anyone else working on it?

Juan Antonio Garcia juanantonio_garcia_01 at yahoo.es
Mon Jul 16 21:14:50 CEST 2007

I would like to contact someone developing also the driver to share
information, and to give a kick to the driver forward. I am heavily
torturing the device...

 I have submitted a patch to the linux-dvd distribution list I think solving the "NULL pointer dereference"

 I am getting initial answers from the device. I am able to attach the mt352 (demod).

It seems that the first byte to send on the USB for reading is "0x02".
For example with these sequence:

0x10 0x00

0x15 0x00

0x16 0x01

0x02 0x3e 0x01 0x01 0x7f

I can read the mt352 CHIP_ID and register the mt352.

The:

0x10 0x00

0x15 0x00

0x16 0x01

Seems to be needed, otherwise I don't get the right answer if I don't send those first.

The answer is:
0x02 0x00 0x13

So the 3rd byte is the value of the register, 0x13 is the right CHIP_ID.

BR,
Juan

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
http://es.voice.yahoo.com