[linux-dvb] LITE-ON DVBT USB adapter

Uwe Bugla uwe.bugla at gmx.de
Thu Jul 19 11:11:38 CEST 2007

Am Donnerstag, 19. Juli 2007 10:40:51 schrieb timecop:
> On 7/19/07, Pedro Aranda <paaguti at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > System description:
> >
> > paag at paag>uname -a
> > Linux paag 2.6.21-2-686 #1 SMP Wed Jul 11 03:53:02 UTC 2007 i686
> > GNU/Linux
> >
> > Distro: up-to-date Debian testing
> >
> > Problem: MT-2060 doesn't register => no frontend
> >
> > Solution: attached patch
> >
> > Request: include it in the mainstream ASAP: I'm really sick of
> > having to recompile the DVB subsystem everytime a kernel update
> > happens
> >
> > THANKS a lot
>
> You didn't include:
> 1) Signed off by <jerkface>
> 2) You expect this merged NOW which means it will happen in at least
> half a year from now
Correction: ..... it will happen in at least 1,5 years from now or even never
And it will only happen at all if you start and continue to lick the butts of
the "illustrious."
> 3) The patch was not "tested" and will "break various other hardware"
> and will never be approved
4) The "illustrious" do not have any time for merging USB drivers, but they
indeed have lots of time for chatting around on /linuxtv/irc, day by day.
5) You yourself do not belong to the "illustrious", that's your biggest fault.