[linux-dvb] OHauppauge WinTV HVR-3000 or 4000

Robert RobertCL at iname.com
Sun Jul 22 19:18:51 CEST 2007

Nicolas Will wrote:
> One more...
>

> Hauppauge WinTV HVR-4000 - DVB-S2 / DVB-S / DVB-T receiver / analogue
> TV / radio tuner / video input adapter - PCI - SECAM, PAL
>
> Hauppauge WinTV HVR-3000 - DVB-S / DVB-T receiver / analogue TV / radio
> tuner / video input adapter - PCI - SECAM, PAL
>
> What about these cards?
>
> Any support, I have not seen them in the wiki?

The HVR-3000 is "supported" by a branch created by Steven Toth.  It's
not seen any updates in a while, and currently (as far as I know)
doesn't compile with kernels after 2.6.18.  It's working ok for me here
though.  I think the reason for no updates / lack of inclusion in
mainline dvb is that he is waiting for some sort of multi-protocol code
to be implemented into the mainline dvb code.

I believe the HVR-4000 has some support - there were a few mails about
it some time ago on this list - again I believe Steven Toth has a
separate tree that supports it, but I have no idea of status of that.

Robert.