[linux-dvb] Hauppauge Nova-T 500 USB disconnects.

Jim Barber jim.barber at ddihealth.com
Mon Jul 23 02:52:33 CEST 2007

What is the status of resolving the USB disconnects with the Nova-T 500?

I find I can still easily trigger them just by flicking through channels in MythTV.
This has stopped me from being able to put a PC I built to service as a media centre.

I'm using Linux kernel 2.6.22 and I used mercurial to get the latest v4l-dvb drivers.
I compared the dib*.[ch] source files from mercurial against the DVB drivers in the kernel sources.
They are basically the same except the kernel sources removed the '#if 0' sections that won't get compiled anyway.

I'm not using EIT with the card as I read this can increase the chances of triggering the USB disconnect.
Is there any way to avoid the USB disconnects with this card?
Is there some setting; or a custom patch to either USB or the DVB drivers to fix it?

Any help on making this card stable is appreciated.