[linux-dvb] Hauppauge Nexus-S (saa7146) on Feisty AMD64

Erich Newell erich.newell at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 08:22:56 CEST 2007

I am attempting to rebuild a system with a hauppauge Nexus-s card
under Ubuntu Feisty  for AMD64

No matter what I do, I cannot get the system to load the card
properly...or generate any errors. I have udev set to 'debug'.

The only message in the logs is:

     [102.449709] saa7146: register extension 'dvb'.

Running lsmod yields:

     dvb_ttpci             111104  0
     dvb_core               93872  1 dvb_ttpci
     saa7146_vv             54400  1 dvb_ttpci
     saa7146                21896  2 dvb_ttpci,saa7146_vv
     ttpci_eeprom            3840  1 dvb_ttpci
     i2c_core               26496  5
i2c_ec,dvb_ttpci,ttpci_eeprom,nvidia,i2c_nforce2

I've also recompiled v4l-dvb and dvb-apps and manually created the
device nodes...to no effect.

Previously, this system was running well under dapper using the same
card/configuration. My pcHDTV card loads without fanfare.

Thoughts?

--
"A man is defined by the questions that he asks; and the way he goes
about finding the answers to those questions is the way he goes