[linux-dvb] [mythtv-users] Nova-T 500 changed

Janne Grunau janne-dvb at grunau.be
Tue Jul 24 15:32:34 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm replying to the linuxtv dvb mailing list, since it's the more
appropiate list for your problem.

On Tuesday 24 July 2007 13:31:57 Christian Chambers wrote:
> Has anyone else noticed that recent Nova-t 500 dual tuner cards have
> changed. We have tried using the mythTV wiki instructions for
> installing the card on Ubuntu Fiesty but to no avail.  I can only
> say, having made sure that the card does work (installing on Windows
> XP with its cd), that there has been a change in the card without
> telling the unsuspecting buyer.  Might have something to do with the
> "Diversity option" that seems to be included now.
>
> When installed in Ubuntu Fiesty an lspci tells me that it is a
> Hauppauge card but an unknown device 6800.

You could try to change the device id of the existing Nova-T 500 to your
id and hope that's working then. I doubt that though.

> Are any genius driver gurus working on this new card yet?

If it's the same hardware (on a PCI card with an USB controller chip) as
the Nova-TD USB Stick you could try the same trick with the patch on
following site http://www.chez.com/treza/mt2266.htm

HTH

Janne