[linux-dvb] New DiB0700-firmware

Darren Salt linux at youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk
Tue Jul 31 00:11:16 CEST 2007

I demand that Patrick Boettcher may or may not have written...

> Can all of you using a dib0700-based-design with problem please try the
> following firmware

> http://www.wi-bw.tfh-wildau.de/~pboettch/home/linux-dvb-firmware/dvb-usb-dib0700-03-pre1.fw

> and the latest drivers from

> http://linuxtv.org/hg/~pb/v4l-dvb/

> to see whether you have still problems.

No still problems here... oh, did you mean "still have problems"? ;-)

Hardware is a Nova-T Stick 70001.

The new firmware is in /lib/firmware as both dvb-usb-dib0700-01.fw and
dvb-usb-dib0700-03-pre1.fw so that I could test it without having to rebuild
the stock driver.

Stock 2.6.22-hrt5: works as before. No problems, or at least none that I've noticed.

~pb/v4l-dvb c58cb07fa064: FAILS. Tuning isn't working; when the status is being queried,
this version reports either FE_HAS_SIGNAL or 0, though that status bit does
appear to be correctly reported.

[snip]
| + Travel less. Share transport more.           PRODUCE LESS CARBON DIOXIDE.

Errare umanum est.