[linux-dvb] NOVA-T-500 Remote usage

Nicolas Will nico at youplala.net
Tue Jul 31 14:29:21 CEST 2007

I'm back at this...

First,let me see if I understand the concept well.

The remote control is really given to the system as an input device,
like a keyboard.

That way, every time I press a remote key, the kernel sends a code, just
like when I press a multimedia key on an extended keyboard.

Is this right?

So, where does that code go ? standard input?

Do you need a special coding to intercept it, or is it just mixed with
other classic keyboard key presses?

How can I test/monitor that key presses are recognized?

In MythTV, some key are already useful out of the box, like the arrows
and numbers. I'd like to extend that.

Do I need LIRC ?

Nico