[linux-dvb] CAM problem with Cinergy/KNCONE DVB-C card

e9hack e9hack at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 31 18:27:29 CEST 2007

Hi,

some people do report, that the CAM on a Cinergy/KNCONE DVB-C card doesn't work. They get the
following log entries (repeated many times):

budget-av: cam inserted A
budget-av: cam inserted B
dvb_ca adapter 1: DVB CAM detected and initialised successfully
budget-av: cam ejected 3

It seems, that is never possible to read a control value of 0xff from address 0 or 1 of the CAM. The
attached patch may fix this problem. I didn't test this patch by myself, because I don't need a CAM.

If someone uses a Cinergy/KNCONE DVB-C/T/S card with a CAM, please test this patch.

- Hartmut