[linux-dvb] Remote control input event problem with recent kernels

David Härdeman david at hardeman.nu
Fri Jun 1 23:39:10 CEST 2007

On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 10:33:41PM +0100, Tony Houghton wrote:
>I've got 2 DVB-T PCI cards, a Hauppauge Nova-T wwhich uses the budget_ci
>(even though it doesn't have a CI) module and a K-World cx88-based card.
>I've always used the Hauppage's remote because I've had the card longer,
>and the K-World's has fewer useful keys. I used to have to patch the
>budget_ci driver's key map, but once that was done it worked well,
>generating appropriate press, repeat and release events.
>
>With the driver in recent kernels (2.6.20 onwards?) I no longer have to
>patch it, but the remote doesn't work so well. While holding a key down
>I get a series of alternate press and release events with no repeat
>events. Sometimes I have to hold down a key for a few seconds before it
>starts sending events.
>
>I tried the K-World remote too. Each time I press a key it generates
>just one press event then a release event (even if I haven't released
>the key). Like with the Hauppauge remote it doesn't generate any repeat
>events, but unlike the Hauppauge it doesn't send further press/release
>events until I release the key and press it again, or another key.
>
>Have I missed some setup detail? Is there a patch or anything?

There were some more bugfixes to the IR handling of the budget-ci driver
committed to recent -rc linux kernels and to the hg repo, please try with
that. If it doesn't work with the most recent version of the driver, please
load the module with debug=1 and send the output from dmesg.

--
David Härdeman