[linux-dvb] Signal strength % script

Paul mylists at wilsononline.id.au
Sat Jun 2 09:21:43 CEST 2007

On 2/06/2007 12:40 PM, Paul wrote:
> any point me towards any script I can run  which outputs signal strength
> for my DVB channels so I can schedule it to run outside of  MythTV.
> azap output is a little cryptic for me.
>
> ie I want to run a cron job which  measures my DVB channels to check to
> see if signal strength and reception is ok as mythtv or maybe card drops
> out without notice if my signal becomes marginal
>
> Ideally if azap output can be made a little more human readable would be
> even better
>
> Thanks

actually I'm a bit rusty on my c but can someone help to mod the tzap.c program to enable
a -h (human readable output)

eg
if you can put the following in to the tzap.c source and have a switch like femon to
output signal % and SNR % values

         fprintf (stderr,"status %02x | signal %3u%% | snr %3u%% | ber %08x | unc %08x | ",
                 status,
                 ( _signal * 100) / 0xffff,
                 (snr * 100) / 0xffff,
                  ber, uncorrected_blocks);