[linux-dvb] dvb-apps questions

Chris Malarky chris at malarky.org
Wed Jun 6 10:48:36 CEST 2007

Hi Paul,

On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 13:02 +1000, Paul wrote:
> I have a few questions and suggestions now I see some activity on the dvb-apps
>
> Q.1 tzap
> This seems loop indefinately  can we also have option to limit the output to a count or
> duration eg -count 10 or -time 5 secs

Have you tried using the -x option?  tzap tunes and then exits.
However, I think you have to load the dvb-core module with
dvb_shutdown_timeout set to 0, otherwise the signal is lost again.

A count (as well as the human-readable option you asked for the other
day) already exists in femon - perhaps you could do a 'tzap -x',
followed by an 'femon -h -C ...'?

Cheers,
Chris
--