[linux-dvb] drivers/media/dvb/b2c2/flexcop-dma.c uses PCI DMA API

Mauro Carvalho Chehab mchehab at infradead.org
Thu Jun 7 14:50:56 CEST 2007

Hi Geert,

Em Qua, 2007-06-06 às 21:11 +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven escreveu:
> 	Hi,
>
> drivers/media/dvb/b2c2/flexcop-dma.c uses the PCI DMA API, but DVB_B2C2_FLEXCOP
> doesn't depend on PCI, causing the following problem on PCI-less systems:
>
> | linux/drivers/media/dvb/b2c2/flexcop-dma.c:20: warning: implicit declaration of function 'pci_alloc_consistent'
> | linux/drivers/media/dvb/b2c2/flexcop-dma.c:20: warning: implicit declaration of function 'pci_alloc_consistent'
>
> Apparently this is the flexcop DMA core, which is used by both
> DVB_B2C2_FLEXCOP_PCI and DVB_B2C2_FLEXCOP_USB.
>
> DVB_B2C2_FLEXCOP_PCI depends on PCI.
> DVB_B2C2_FLEXCOP_USB depends on USB.

Thanks for pointing us about this issue. While the usage of the generic
dma is the better way, a simple fix can be applied by simply moving
flexcop-dma to b2c2-flexcop-pci (currently, only the last uses the DMA
stuff). I've committed such patch. It is available at:

http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb/rev/c314ec17335a

Cheers,
Mauro