[linux-dvb] m920x device: Genius TVGo DVB-T02Q

Pere Blay pereblay at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 09:21:42 CEST 2007

>It is unlikely you can use other device's firmware.
>See http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/M920x_firmware on how to
>retrieve new firmware.

thanks! i'll have to borrow a bit of time from some friend's WXP box, i have
no windows at home (everything running linux) and then it will take a
while... the firmware used in the test was a dummy one,... if there was no
firmware or if an empty file was used, then i got a message telling me that
the firmware wasn't present,...

on the other hand, whatever firmware i put in there (from whatever device)
it
is just loaded but nothing else happens...

>Please include output from "lsusb -v" after firmware has been loaded.
>Once you have gotten m920x driver to load properly, you need to get
>some dumps so that we can identify which tuner you have. They are also
>important when adding support for mt2060 tuner to m920x. It might work
>out of the box if you have qt1010.
>
>Please post you changes as diffs. You can get one with command
>"hg diff" or with "diff -uNr original_dir modified_dir" .

thanks for the hint, i guess the modification makes the device recognized
and
tries to guess which are the frontends

find attached the output of  "hg diff" (my first silly mistake: i did not
keep
a clean copy of the code to compare with the modified one)

... more on firmware soon!!
Cheers,
Pere Blay