[linux-dvb] [RFC | PATCHES] dibusb-mb / dvb-pll: TESTERS NEEDED!

Trent Piepho xyzzy at speakeasy.org
Tue Jun 12 20:53:00 CEST 2007

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007, Michael Krufky wrote:
> I have finalized the 'removal of static dependencies on the dvb-pll
> module' changesets, but had to change some things inside the dvb-pll
> framework in the process.  See my "dvb-pll" tree for the topmost changesets:
>
> http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mkrufky/dvb-pll

Looks good.  I'd use a enum for the tuner id, but that's not a big deal.

There is one thing that should be changed:

+unsigned const int pll_count = ARRAY_SIZE(pll_list);

This should at least be made static, otherwise there really will be a
global variable in memory with pll_count in it.  Some other source file
could use it, so gcc can't delete it.  I'd probably make it a macro, or
just change:

+	BUG_ON(pll_desc_id < 1 || pll_desc_id > pll_count);
+	BUG_ON(pll_desc_id < 1 || pll_desc_id > ARRAY_SIZE(pll_list));

Also, is there a reason for DVB_PLL_UNDEFINED?  It doesn't seem like there
any way to make use of it.