[linux-dvb] DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital card - bottom of screen cut off

Craig Cook cncook001 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 14 05:13:48 CEST 2007

>Craig Cook wrote:
>> Using a vanilla 2.6.17.11 kernel allows me to use my card under ubuntu 7.04.  I have another problem though...
>>
>> Bottom part of the screen is cut off.
>>
>This is not a driver problem -- This is a userspace software issue.  Most
>likely, the video is being shown to you at full size, and your screen resolution
>is not large enough.  Mplayer (on my machine) will usually scale down the video
>so that it fits on the screen, but this could also be related to your X video
>card driver setup.

I can confirm this is not a dvb driver issue.  I copied a recorded file from ubuntu and ran it on my FC4 setup (same box).  Display was fine.  I suspect ATI drivers but I have not proven it yet.

Apparently there is a known issue with Xv driver and ATI that is not resolved.

I don't think it is a mplayer issue since it was not installed when I first ran Mythtv when I saw this issue.

Thanks

Craig