[linux-dvb] af9005/mt2060 module unload failure

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Fri Jun 15 01:42:55 CEST 2007

En/na Luca Olivetti ha escrit:
> En/na Trent Piepho ha escrit:
>
>> But dvb_frontend_detach _does_ have fe->ops.tuner_ops.release().
>
> Now I see it! It's mt2060_attach (or qt1010_attach) that fills
> tuner_ops. Duh, I missed that one. I'll make a patch tomorrow.

Attached.
I can test it up to the point where it correctly attaches the mt2060,
but then I don't know if it tunes correctly since my stick doesn't work
(though it should, since it does the same as before, only without the
extra "tuner" pointer). Olaf, could you give it a try?
I also tried (again) to unload and reload the module and, while at first
it seems to recognize and initialize, after a (short) while it gives
bulk transfer errors, so in case the module is unloaded the stick must
be reconnected.
Maybe the usb_clear_halt in af9005.c should be somewhere else, at the
time it seemed to work where it is (I had to duplicate what dvb-usb-init
does since the "standard" dvb-usb uses a single endpoint for bulk
transfers, while the af9005 uses one for writing and another one for
reading).

Bye
--
Luca