[linux-dvb] does Qt1010 tune VHF?

Nico Sabbi nicola_sabbi at fastwebnet.it
Sun Jun 17 19:42:28 CEST 2007

Antti Palosaari wrote:
> Nico Sabbi kirjoitti:
>
>> Hi,
>> can anyone tune VHF with this tuner? Using a friend's MSI Megasky 580
>> I can't, although the signals of three different transmitters are very
>> strong here.
>> Tuning to UHF works pretty well.
>>
>> Are there limitations with this tuner?
>

> There is no limitations in tuner hw, it should be tune at least between
> 48 and 860 MHz. If I remember correctly I didn't see any difference in
> my usbsnoop-logs when tuning to VHF/UHF. I cannot test VHF due to
> missing VHF transmission...
>
> Could you test patch mentioned here:
> http://linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2007-June/018620.html
>
> /antti

using that patch I can tune all 4 VHF stations :)
This tuner seems to need a very strong signal and seems to be
extremely sensitive to noise: using
and indoor antenna I can tune channels only if the amplifier is
completely off; on the other side using the small antenna
provided in the package I can't tune anything at all.
Thanks for all your work!
	Nico