[linux-dvb] KWorld Digital DVB-S 100 - Locking Problems

James Buckley xanium4332 at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 20 15:13:10 CEST 2007

On 20/06/07, timecop <timecop at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I'm using MythTV (surprise), and the card gets a 'partial' lock (L_S is
> > what's reported by myth), but the signal strength info seems a bit off
> the
> > wall (97% strength, 4.8dB signal/noise). Scanning for the channels went
>
> I duno about everything else, but C/N ratio of 4.8dB is horrible.
> Though I guess it's probably the driver failing it, just like every
> other linux-dvb driver.
>
> -tc

If the signal's so bad, why does a scan find all the channels perfectly.

The card's are kinda cheap, and there isn't any shielding around any of the
chips, but it's not as if I'm in a marginal area of coverage (Central U.K.
gets pretty good Astra coverage).

Here's the post I was talking about:
http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2006-September/012873.html

quote:
I believe there have been changes in the tuning algorithm with the cx24123
cards.
/quote

Does anybody know anything about this?

James