[linux-dvb] patch "budget-av: Remove polarity switching of the clock for the DVB-C cards" causes corrupt stream

e9hack e9hack at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 23 18:16:33 CEST 2007

Matthias Dahl wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>
> Just wanted to ask if there is any progress on that front? Haven't heard or
> seen any movement for quite some time now and I was wondering if that patch
> will make it into the tree or not.

The patch was only for testing. I don't know, why your dvb card gets interrupts with the patch and didn't got interrupts
(or not enough) without the patch. I've attached two patches. They add some more debug messages. Can you please test
both patches with the buffer sizes 188, 658, 752 and 1316kb? Your syslog will be floated with message like this:

Jun 23 17:24:31 very-new-darkstar kernel: (budget-core.c:603) got 7 interrupts for the upper half of the buffer
(size=1316kb)
Jun 23 17:24:31 very-new-darkstar kernel: (budget-core.c:600) got 7 interrupts for the lower half of the buffer
(size=1316kb)

I would like to see, how many interrupts are hit during the filling of the buffer.

- Hartmut