[linux-dvb] Vivanco 21056/LR306 a.k.a. MSI DVB at Anywhere a.k.a LifeView Hybrid doesn't scan

Peter D. peter_s_d at fastmail.com.au
Mon Jun 25 05:09:58 CEST 2007

On Monday 25 June 2007 07:21, hermann pitton wrote:
> Hello,
> Am Sonntag, den 24.06.2007, 23:49 +1000 schrieb Peter D.:
> > On Saturday 23 June 2007 09:19, hermann pitton wrote:

> > > With only one single hybrid tuner you can use analog and DVB-T
> > > simultaneously only, if the condition is given that analog comes from
> > > an external source like a VCR over Composite or S-Video. (needs
> > > packed formats, planar don't work!)
> >
> > There might be a lot of very similar cards out there.

I've had another look at the manual.  You obviously know more about what
is going on than I do.  I thought that I might be saving people from
confusion, but it was just my ignorance showing through.  :-(

> yes, LifeView always has a lot of OEMs. Also the first generation of the
> tda8275 tuner found on some is not in production anymore and they use
> the tda8275a now, maybe they change more with this replacement.
> > I thought that Werner's card was a clone of mine, an MSITV at nywhere A/D,
> > but mine does not support using both tuners at the same time.  It seems
> > that a very similar card does.
> You and Werner have only one hybrid tuner at 0x61 for dvb-t and analog.
> I really thought it is a clone too. Did you ever try radio?

Yes the FM radio of the MSI TV at nywhare card definitely works under linux.
I don't use it much because I have real radios as well.

Is there any application that can be programmed to change stations and
record programs like Kaffeine does with dvb?

sig goes here...
Peter D.