[linux-dvb] Vivanco 21056/LR306 a.k.a. MSI DVB at Anywhere a.k.a LifeView Hybrid doesn't scan

Werner Braun werner.braun at gmx.de
Tue Jun 26 00:50:51 CEST 2007

>> Hermann,
>>
>> nope, I'm talking about Cable Analog. E12/FAB is the only available channel
>> under Linux. As mentioned otherwise, composite works.
>>

> Werner, it just jumped into my mind that Berlin might have something
> special there, but I should have thought and read twice.

> If analog was better with card=55, it seems to be a question of
> AutomaticGainControl or also other/combined switching, looks like
> Hartmut has a plan, but exactly channel E12 left was not known to me
> yet.

Hermann, I didn't say I could get analog to work using card=55. Things are
even more weird. Out of the box, I mean using a virgin V4L as comes with a
kernel update, the only card option which made the firmware load properly was
card 88 (Tevion/KWorld). No idea why. I've tested quite a lot of cards and
that's what I ended up with. No avail with the usual suspects, i.e. 55, 94
(112 is not yet in the kernel). Will try to reproduce it as soon as the next
kernel upgrade comes through.

> Do you get anything out of the radio?

Works in XP. Haven't tried it so far in Linux.

Regards
Werner