[linux-dvb] IVTV pci riser problem

CityK CityK at rogers.com
Wed Jun 27 17:21:10 CEST 2007

Mark Buechler wrote:
> This looks like the same problem I was having when I tried using a PCI
> bus expander (Magma). I assumed it was related to the PCI bridge not
> allocating resources properly with PnP.
>
> - Mark.

Sounds like a reasonable assumption.

- Was this behaviour the same under a Windows OS?

- Is there any driver related to the PCI bridge that might be the source
of the problem?  (I'm assuming the expander contains the PCI bridge ....
I'm not familiar)

- Do you think its possible that it might BIOS related ... i.e PCI
bridge correctly passes off info for two devices but mobo/BIOS only
accepts info for one device (or doesn't know what to do with a second
set of info) for that populated PCI slot ?