[linux-dvb] Pinnacle PCTV Sat Pro PCI DVB-S Card

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Thu Mar 1 00:39:02 CET 2007

Uwe Bugla wrote:
> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 00:19:40 +0000
> Von: Rob Beard <rob at esdelle.co.uk>
> An: linux-dvb at linuxtv.org
> CC:
> Betreff: [linux-dvb] Pinnacle PCTV Sat Pro PCI DVB-S Card
>

>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I was wondering if someone could possibly advise me with regards to a
>> Digital Satellite card which I am trying to get working.
>>
>> The card is a Pinnacle PCTV Sat Pro PCI card.  I am running Ubuntu Edgy
>> 6.10 with a 2.6.17-11 kernel.  Now it appears that a driver isn't loaded
>> at startup so I guessed that this kernel at least doesn't support the
>> card.
>>
>> Now I'm not very good at coding, in fact I'm next to useless at it but I
>> wondered if there is anything I could do to help try and get this card
>> working?
>>
>> I'm not sure if this helps but below is the output of lspci -v for the
>> card...
>>
>> 02:09.0 Multimedia controller: Pinnacle Systems Inc. Unknown device 0040
>>         Subsystem: Pinnacle Systems Inc. Unknown device 0048
>>         Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 3
>>         Memory at ea000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
>>         Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 2
>>
>> 02:09.2 Multimedia controller: Pinnacle Systems Inc. Unknown device 0042
>>         Subsystem: Pinnacle Systems Inc. Unknown device 0048
>>         Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 3
>>         Memory at ea001000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
>>         Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 2
>>

>> More details on the card can be found at:
>>
>> http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/uk/Products/Consumer+Products/PCTV+Tuners/PCTV+Digital+PVR+(DVB-S_DVB-T)/PCTV+Sat+Pro+PCI.htm
>>
>> If anyone could help I would be really grateful.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Rob
>>

> Hi Rob,
> I fear that your card is an unsupported one.
> I am running a Pinnacle PCTVSAT PCI, and my second one is a Pinnacle PCTVPRO, which is an analog card. Both are running fine.
>
> Regards
> Uwe

Thanks Uwe,

The card was actually bought by my dad for his PC which I am going to
install Ubuntu on. I figured I'd try it in my PC first to see if it was
detected. I think we'll return it and order a Hauppage card which
looking at the Wiki appears to be better supported (I believe the
Hauppage card is a Nova-S Plus PCI).

Thanks anyway for the quick response.

Regards,

Rob