[linux-dvb] Anubis Electronics "Lifeview"(0x10fd:0x1513) (was: msi digivox mini ii)

Pierre Willenbrock pierre at pirsoft.dnsalias.org
Fri Mar 2 23:06:15 CET 2007

Michael Krufky schrieb:
> Pierre Willenbrock wrote:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> I am owner of a "MSI DIGIVOX mini-II". I got it to work using the
>> attached patch and firmware. The patch and firmware are the result of
>> analyzing some usb logs from windows.
>>
>> The patch breaks all users of tda10046, as i don't understand how that
>> chip is supposed to work. The same goes for my driver implementation of
>> the Philips 8275a.
>>
>> So this mess needs to be fixed before it can go into the repository.
>>
>> The patch is against a fresh hg checkout from
>> http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb at 2007-02-22 21:00 UTC.
>>
>> Regards,
>>   Pierre
>
> Pierre-
>
> I am very happy to hear that you got this device working...  Interestingly
> enough, we have already created a new tda827x dvb fe module, which might be
> better for your device...  This new tda827x module has not yet been merged into
> the master v4l-dvb repository, but it will be soon.  Could you try to use the
> code located in:
>
> http://linuxtv.org/hg/~hhackmann/v4l-dvb
>
> The tda827x module will be able to detect the difference between the tda8275 and
> the tda8275a ...  You do not have to fill the callback functions in the config
> struct -- that is really meant as a hack for some required GPIO handling in the
> saa7134-dvb driver for input switching.
>
> If you can generate a new patch against the repository above, it would make it
> _much_ easier to integrate your patch into the sources.   After you get that
> done, we can work out the tda1004x differences.
>
> You might also want to speak to aett and friedrich, regulars of the #linuxtv irc
> chat room on irc.freenode.net ... aet is the author of the m920x driver, and
> friedrich has the same device that you have.  They have been working on it, but
> haven't yet gotten successful results.
>
> Good work!  Hopefully we can clean this up after you generate a new patch using
> the tda827x module from hhackmann's repository.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mike Krufky

Hi Mike and Hartmut,

this time, the patch does not change tda827x.c at all. I fiddled with
the PHY2 value in tda1004x.c and found it to be related to the IF(there
seems to be some factor between the IF and PHY2 introduced somewhere
else). This leaves some differences in tda1004x.c. I don't know what to
do with these, so i would be glad to get any hints.

Regards,
  Pierre