[linux-dvb] Re: 2.6.21-rc1-git2 is incompilable

Uwe Bugla uwe.bugla at gmx.de
Sat Mar 3 16:29:48 CET 2007

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 09:14:52 -0800
Von: Randy Dunlap <randy.dunlap at oracle.com>
An: "Uwe Bugla" <uwe.bugla at gmx.de>
CC: torvalds at linux-foundation.org, akpm at linux-foundation.org, linux-dvb at linuxtv.org, domi.dumont at free.fr, Jiri Slaby <jirislaby at gmail.com>, bunk at stusta.de, linux-kernel at vger.kernel.org, Stephane Eranian <eranian at hpl.hp.com>, venkatesh.pallipadi at intel.com
Betreff: Re: 2.6.21-rc1-git2 is incompilable

> On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 15:34:07 +0100 Uwe Bugla wrote:
>
> > Hi folks,
> > trying to compile kernel 2.6.21-rc1-git2 is impossible. The broken
> module where the compiler gives up is /arch/i386/kernel/io_apic.c.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Uwe
> >
> > P. S.: Wouldn't it be a good idea to test at least error-free
> compilation before stuff like this is being published?
>
> 1) 2.6.*-gitN kernels are automated snapshots of Linus's git kernel tree.
> There is no coordination between Linus adding changesets to his kernel
> tree and some script reading changes out of it.  (I could read your
> note as saying that there should be some coordination, I suppose.)
>
> 2) Linus doesn't build i386 non-SMP kernels AFAIK.
>
> 3) The small bug has been discussed & fixed (several times).
>

> ---
> ~Randy
> *** Remember to use Documentation/SubmitChecklist when testing your code
> ***
Thank you, Randy

Jetzt GMX ProMail testen: www.gmx.net/de/go/mailfooter/promail-out