[linux-dvb] Problem with keys repeated

David Härdeman david at hardeman.nu
Tue Mar 6 23:18:49 CET 2007

On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 06:52:48PM +0200, Ville-Pekka Vainio wrote:
>David Härdeman kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika tiistai, 6. maaliskuuta 2007
>15:26:20):
>> On Tue, March 6, 2007 13:20, Dom H said:
>> > I've updated my machine and now my Logitech remote is giving me multiple
>> > events on a single keypress.
>>
>> I've already answered your question on the LIRC list. Did you try using
>> kbd-utils to change the repeat rate? You might also try loading ir-common
>> with the parameter "repeat=0".
>
>I've been having the same kind of problems with Technotrend C-1500 and it's
>bundled remote (a grey one). I tried loading ir-common with repeat=0, but
>still it seems to take quite a long time before the keypress gets generated.
>It feels like I anyway have to invoke some kind of "repeat handling" to get
>the keypress through.

I'm not quite sure I follow, you have the same kind of problem (i.e.
that a continous keypress generates repeat events)? But then you talk
about time before the keypress is generated?

For repeat or no repeat, the keypress should be generated instantly (it
is not the key down event but the key up event that might be delayed
with the repeat handling).

>Then, if I keep pressing the key after one keypress has been generated, it
>sometimes generates no repeat keypresses, sometimes one or two more
>keypresses. And all this with repeat=0. As you might imagine, controlling VDR
>is a bit of a challenge right now. I had no problems with this remote before
>the recent changes to the IR handling.

Could you explain why you tried using repeat=0 in the first place?

--
David Härdeman