[linux-dvb] Re: Linux DVB + PCI bus extender (Magma) - Anyone?

timecop timecop at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 05:31:44 CET 2007

Magma cases, while having their own PCI bridge, still route through a
single slot.
Which means, as long as you're not pushing the 133meg/second PCI limit
- you will be fine. A typical 40mbit full transponder is ~5meg/second,
so even with 4 cards tuning there shouldn't be a problem.

Note, this is only for DVB cards, when you're dealing with analog
capture (non-mpeg) boards sending uncompressed video, PCI bandwidth
gets used up real quick.

-t