[linux-dvb] [RFC] Reviewed development procedures DVBMaintainer

Manu Abraham abraham.manu at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 11:10:58 CET 2007

On 3/10/07, Johannes Stezenbach <js at linuxtv.org> wrote:

>   Maybe a hint that irc is not an adequate medium
>   for this kind of discussions?

There is nothing wrong with IRC as a medium, but since the interaction
is faster the rate at which you reach the end state is also faster --
positive or negative. When there are enough negative arguments it very
easily leads to an explosive situation.

on a ML, there is a significant delay such that this "heat" just cools down.

but said these negative aspect, there is a positive aspect also, that
if used properly things can be achieved faster, depending on the
people in the discussion.