[linux-dvb] [Fwd: Re: New Hauppauge Board] requires multiproto

Manu Abraham abraham.manu at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 16:15:48 CET 2007

On 3/10/07, Steven Toth <stoth at hauppauge.com> wrote:
> Will Tatam wrote:
> > I was directed to http://linuxtv.org/hg/~stoth/multiproto via an
> > off-list message but this tree is 6 months out of date and does not
> > compile for me under 2.6.19
> >
> > Why was this branch not rolled back into the main trunk ?
> >

> Manu,
>
> How are the multiproto patches going? I'm assume they're fairly stable
> and you're actually working on the stb0899 support. Various HVR4000
> users testing the multiproto stoth tree are reporting success, except
> the tree is very old now.

the API patches are fine now AFAICS.  (did add in some additional
Physical Layer params as well to the params struct for apps that are
capable of debugging the same) Uploaded a tarball
(http://www.kromtek.com/dvb/mp-stb0899.tar.bz2)

In the dvb_frontend thread, i am looking whether i created a new bug
or not. Probably you can take a look in there, another set of eyeballs
surely would be better

> Do you plan to submit those patches for final review, or mainline
> merging anytime soon?

probably i need to port in the changes again, since there were changes
in the tree after pushing that tarball out

will need to bump the version also, one up.

regards,
manu