R: [linux-dvb] 80th Attempt at Kworld ATSC110 IR Remote Patch -Please Review #2

Eddi eddi at depieri.net
Sun Mar 11 00:55:56 CET 2007

Sorry... Unfinished mail...

 I'm working on a fork of your patch for lr319sta (lifeview trio) that
 someone should already seen on this list
 (http://tux.dpeddi.com/lr319sta/downloads/flydvb_trio_remote_final.diff)

 After some irc session with Nickolay, I understand that our patch will
 never be  merged in any repository until we remove the probe code from
 ir-kbd-i2c.c  moving into saa7134.c.

 Well I think this can't be applied, due to cross dependancies:

 saa7134.ko
	requie ir-kbd-i2c.ko to be loaded.

 So linux kernel load ir-kbd-12c.ko to meet required dependencies.
 Now we still have the card uninitialized so.

 Another point that can be enhanced is that if possibile, ir controller
 should be polled only if requested by gpio, but I think that both changes
 requie an heavy rewrite of saa7134-input.c and saa7134.c

 Best regards,
 Eddi