[linux-dvb] Re: IR device changes after reboot

Darren Salt linux at youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk
Mon Mar 12 15:05:02 CET 2007

I demand that Paul Wilson may or may not have written...

> Is there any way to lock down or predict what device my CX-88 IR input
> class is going to use. My device event#

Event hash? Event no., surely :-)

> seems to change after every reboot which means I need to [manually]
> re-configure my lircd device settings

If you have lirc 0.8.1, you can say things like
  DEVICE="phys=pci-0000:02:06.*/ir0"
or
  DEVICE="name=cx88 IR (Hauppauge Nova-T DVB-T)"
in /etc/lirc/hardware.conf, or directly on the command line (use -d instead
of DEVICE=).

Shell wildcards may be used. See /proc/bus/input/devices for the phys and
name strings.

[snip]
| + Output less CO2 => avoid massive flooding.    TIME IS RUNNING OUT *FAST*.

Unsuitable media, 0:1