[linux-dvb] Update on Nova-T 500 + EIT + kernel oops...

Eduard Huguet eduardhc at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 08:32:33 CET 2007

Hi,
   Just another quick update on this subject. Yesterday, as the system
seemed somewhat unstable lately, I decided to recompile the kernel again (
sabayon-sources-2.6.20), and I came back to use the original firmware posted
for the Nova-T (dvb-usb-dib0700-01.fw -  I was using the -02 version, but
renamed as -01 because I didn't apply any patch to load it).

  I reactivated EIT just for testing and, to my surprise, this time I'm not
getting any oops nor USB disconnect. MythTV seems to be downloading EIT data
without problems, and I can watch LiveTV etc... perfectly.

  So, in a nutshell: the "official" 2.6.20 kernel driver + the original
firmware file doesn't seem to provoque USB disconnects here, even with EIT
on.

  Do you understand it? Me neither...;)

Cheers
  Eduard