[linux-dvb] pinnacle 310i fail on some channels

KevinLuX kevinlux at karondimonio.it
Fri Mar 16 15:51:22 CET 2007

> Hi, Kevin

Hi Harmut

>> Few weeks ago, i modified the driver to support the LNA on this card.
>> So can you please try the recent version of the driver? You might
>> set the option debug=1 for the modules tuner and tda827x.
>>
>> Another possible cause is that many drivers ignore the channel
>> parameters while the tda10046 doesn't. You can set all to auto
>> except bandwidth.
>>
>> Best regards
>>    Hartmut
i've installed new driver from mercurial this morning.
Then loaded modules tuner and tda827x with debug=1.
On modules loading this is kernel output

tuner 2-004b: chip at addr 4b is a tda8290
tuner 2-004b: Setting mode_mask to 0x0e
tuner 2-004b: chip found @ 0x96 (saa7133[0])
tuner 2-004b: Calling set_type_addr for type=54, addr=0xff, mode=0x04,
config=0x01
tuner 2-004b: set addr for type -1
tuner 2-004b: defining GPIO callback
tuner 2-004b: tuner 0x4b: called during i2c_client register by adapter's
attach_inform
tuner 2-004b: defining GPIO callback
tuner 2-004b: setting tuner address to 61
tuner 2-004b: type set to tda8290+75a
tuner 2-004b: saa7133[0] tuner I2C addr 0x96 with type 54 used for 0x0e
tda827x: tda827x_attach:
tda827x: tda827xa tuner found
DVB: registering new adapter (saa7133[0]).
DVB: registering frontend 0 (Philips TDA10046H DVB-T)...

Later as you said i've try to scan on differnt settings particulary

T 482000000 8MHz AUTO AUTO AUTO AUTO AUTO NONE
T 506000000 8MHz AUTO AUTO AUTO AUTO AUTO NONE

During scan kernel output is :

tda1004x: setting up plls for 48MHz sampling clock
tda1004x: found firmware revision 20 -- ok
tda827x: tda8275a AGC2 gain is: 10
tda827x: tda8275a AGC2 gain is: 10
tda827x: tda8275a AGC2 gain is: 10  ......

and this last message is continuely repeated during scan

Result is :
Filter timoet for frequency 506 and channels from 482 ( and other
frequencies)

With w_scan, i'm also able to see many others channels unfortunately
xine give me a message :
input_dvb: ERROR: Trying to get lock...

kaffeine with its scan, show me only few channels (20 on 70), probably
because it find during scan more noise than good quality signal on some
channel
and unfortunately i can't use channels.conf from scan because it's not
compatible with kaff.

Thanks
Best Regards