[linux-dvb] HVR-4000: questions and status of driver?

Lars Fredriksson lars at jpl.se
Sat Mar 17 12:08:25 CET 2007

Hi!

I'm going to buy a DVB-S2 card and I've been looking at the Hauppauge
HVR-4000 (or should I go for another card, like the S2-3200?), but I have som questions I can't find the answer of, maybe
someone here that's using a HVR-4000 can answer it?

What is the status of the driver, I saw that a S2-firmware were posted
by stoth at hauppauge.com quite recently and
http://linuxtv.org/hg/~stoth/hvr4000
+seems to have been updated quite recently.

Is it possible to use the DVB-T and the DVB-S(2) tuner at the same time?
Does they appear as two diffeent frontends in Linux?

Thanks for any answer, Lars Fredriksson