[linux-dvb] HVR4000 Support

Steven Toth stoth at hauppauge.com
Tue Mar 20 15:42:15 CET 2007

Gregoire Favre wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 19, 2007 at 11:30:25PM +0000, Darron Broad wrote:
>
> Hello :-)
>

>> ok. sorry for the regression
>>

> Why ? Thanks for trying !!!
>

>> i have made one more attempt, hopefully restoring 50% of
>> your channels.
>>

> Well, now, still with :
>
> for i in `seq 1 12`;do ./szap -a1 -x -n $i >>/tmp/hvr4000-szap.txt 2>&1;done
> I got 7/12 FE_HAS_LOCK
>
> (I ran the test twice but I send you the log on PM only, unless someone
> else is interested).
>

>> time for the thinking cap.
>>

> Four patch is the best right now :)

Firstly, thanks to everyone for taking the time to test and patch. I'm
listening to the thread and I can clearly see DiSEqC progress being made.

I plan to generate more i2c logs based on monitoring the windows driver
in burst mode and see exactly what happens. Once we know for sure the
correct windows mechanism then we'll implement this and both platforms
should be comparable.

I expect to do this within the next 24 hours so keep your eyes on this
thread and the hvr4000 tree.

Regards,

Steve