[linux-dvb] Technotrend S-1500 with CI: common interface is not detected

P. van Gaans w3ird_n3rd at gmx.net
Tue Mar 20 17:40:05 CET 2007

I'll try to keep it short. I've got a TT S-1500 and the CAM can not be
seen in /dev/dvb/adapter. It doesn't work either, no encrypted channel
lights up. FTA channels do. However, on my KNC1 DVB-C with Cineview,
there is a "ca0" in /dev/dvb/adapter and in Kaffeine I can watch
encrypted channels. In dmesg I see info for the KNC1 card when
ejecting/inserting CAMs, not a single line with info about the CI on the TT.

I don't see in what other way I could possibly connect the TT budget CI
to the card (the hardware). The CAM is not upside-down. The CAM was
tested in another receiver and works. I have the latest v4l-dvb drivers.
Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy.

Any help is appreciated.