[linux-dvb] MSI TV @nywhere a/d support

Dietmar Herrendörfer dietmar.herrendoerfer at arcor.de
Wed Mar 21 11:04:16 CET 2007


Me again,

in order to clear up a bit, I gone through the installation steps for my 
MSI card again - as I've already mentioned in my first post, I couldn't 
clearly remember what had fixed the situation for me in the end (I do 
not have the problem myself anymore, but thought to through in some 
hints for others).
> This has nothing to do with the firmware.
>   
I now agree with this, at least I can't reproduce any problems any more. 
But also that I don't manage to reproduce the errors ...
> I then do a modprobe saa7134_dvb and it says:
> >> DVB: registering frontend 1 (Philips TDA10046H DVB-T)...
> >>
> >> and then later:
> >> tda1004x: found firmware revision 29 -- ok
> >>
> >> But then when I try to tune to a channel in mythtv, I see this in the
> >> syslog:
> >> tda1004x: pll set failed
> >>   
... which I found in a January post to this mailing list and which I was 
experiencing myself initially.

> idea. Maybe they learned and changed this during production and cut the
> connection between the tda8275a and tda10046. This would explain what you
> observed.
>   
Well my card is still the same, so I guess a newer kernel (with some 
bugs fixed) or different i2c setup might have resolved the issue for me. 
The latter isn't completely unlikely as I started up some 
hardware-monitoring at the same time.  I guess, it just appeared to me 
as if the firmware change did the job.

Dietmar






More information about the linux-dvb mailing list