[linux-dvb] [Fwd: Mantis gpio_set_bits() fix]

Michel Verbraak michel at verbraak.org
Thu Mar 29 19:25:28 CEST 2007

Marko Ristola schreef:

> Onderwerp:
> Mantis gpio_set_bits() fix
> Van:
> Marko Ristola <marko.ristola at kolumbus.fi>
> Datum:
> Sat, 17 Mar 2007 11:14:08 +0200
> Aan:
> Manu Abraham <abraham.manu at gmail.com>
>
> Aan:
> Manu Abraham <abraham.manu at gmail.com>
>

> Hi Manu,
>
> Here is a bugfix for gpio_set_bits().
> What do you think about this bugfix?
>
> The bug is that the function is only able to turn the given
> bit on, but it can never turn a bit off.
>
> My patch fixes that issue.
>
> With my patched version gpio_set_bits is able to turn a single bit
> on or off.
>
> I haven't verified that it actually does turn the device's power off
> when requested.
> I tested only rmmod and insmod. It seems to work with this version:
> I haven't seen a lost frontend.
>
> Regards,
> Marko Ristola
This patch solves also the modulation change problem (18v or 13v). I can
now receive and scan the same channels as the Windows driver is capable of.

I still have the problem that the driver cannot tune to all available
channels on a satellite. The windows driver has the same problem. Could
this be a problem of the card?

Regards,

Michel.