[linux-dvb] Profiling and DVB drivers

linuxtv at zacglen.com linuxtv at zacglen.com
Fri Mar 30 03:01:23 CEST 2007

I have tried to profile a program that uses the linux-dvb drivers
and find that many of the ioctl's break.

Looking at the kernel code I see that there are a few interruptable
waits which perhaps are related to the problem.

Especially the READ_STATUS ioctl.  Under profiling this ioctl
always returns successfully but the status is always 0.

However, the front end seems to tune successfully, and data gets
delivered, but it is just the status ioctl's which appear to
break when profiling is enabled (gcc -pg).

Is this a known problem?