[linux-dvb] Re: [RFC/PATCHES] xc3028 hybrid tuner, em28xx/em2880-dvb, saa7134, cx88

Trent Piepho xyzzy at speakeasy.org
Mon May 14 22:39:25 CEST 2007

On Mon, 14 May 2007, Markus Rechberger wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I exported the patches of my v4l-dvb-experimental repository against
> the current v4l-dvb repository on linuxtv.org.
>
> The single patchfiles are available on mcentral.de
> http://mcentral.de/~mrec/patches/v4l-dvb/
[93 patches]

It's really hard for anyone to make sense of a patch bomb like this.
There's just too many changes, and none of the patches even have comments
longer than one line.

The organization of the patches is really hard to follow too.  For example,
patch 19 adds a NULL pointer check to tuner-core (why is this necessary?)
and then also adds two register names names to the dvb zl10353 driver.
Those changes have nothing to do with each other.  It's patch 20 that
actually adds the code to zl10353 that uses the new registers, and it even
changes the names used in patch 19.