[linux-dvb] I2C NAKs and fails to respond during init of TDA18211

Michael Krufky mkrufky at linuxtv.org
Thu Nov 1 15:24:09 CET 2007

On 11/1/07, MikeW <mw_phil at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Using the OM5776 eval board, and using the algorithm published
> in the rev 1.1.0 datasheet, I find I am getting an I2C NAK,
> which does not go away and requires a chip reset to restore
> any I2C communication, after successfully writing EP4 (r06) in the
> 'image rejection cal pt I, wanted signal measurement' section
> where registers are written back.
> (NAK occurs on write to EP5)

While in calibration mode, the bytes of sub addresses 0x03 thru 0x0f
must be written in one single i2c sequence.

Are you sure that you're using the exact algorithm from the datasheet?
 You're better off storing the values that you plan to write, then
write them all at once in a single transaction.

You might want to take a look at the tda18271 driver recently merged
into the master branch, located under dvb/frontends ...

Perhaps this driver might be enough to bring up the tda18211-- I don't
have the spec for the 18211, so I cannot say that for sure, but I was
under the impression that the tda18211 is exactly a tda18271, but DVB
only.

Let me know if there's anything that I can do to help you.

Regards,

Mike Krufky