[linux-dvb] OT: Re: linuxtv.org fell in the blacklists trap

thomas schorpp thomas.schorpp at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 2 06:23:16 CET 2007

José Bernardo Bandos Rodrigues wrote:
> 2007/11/1, David Santinoli <marauder at tiscali.it>:
>>
>> If my server got listed for the reason above I'd rather put my efforts
>> in getting a decent reverse lookup, as this is likely to cause problems
>> well beyond a rejection by SORBS.
>>

> My server is blacklisted because all my ISP dynamic pool IPs are
> blacklisted. The only solution I have to get around SORBS blackmail is to
> use my ISP mail server as a forwarding server. It's a somewhat less
> expensive solution,

could get very expensive in cases You have to rely on strong TLS security to the
recipient in nowadays growing international business espionage practices
and Your ISP MTA does not support it (as usual, only a few exceptions).
too few people understand and use S/MIME and the peer compatible PKI is
too expensive for corps.

main reason for me running an own MTA.
so SORBS is blacklisting inet security, too.

and remember, the only reason for not having end users' MTAs broad is
cause M$ doesn't deliver professional MTAs with window$. historically.

tom